Industrial Toxicology & Hygiene Moniroring
(BASIC PRINCIPLES IN OCCUPATIONAL HYGIENE)
TRAINING TIME :
18 – 22 August 2014
29 September – 3 October 2014
10 – 14 November 2014
VENUE : Hotel Kagum Group Bandung (Golden Flower, Banana Inn, Grand Seriti, Carrcadin, Amaroossa, Grand Serela, Gino Feruci, Verona Palace, Malaka, Zodiac Taurus)
TRAINING DURATION : 5 days
An introductory course outlining the broad principles of Occupational Hygiene as the basis for anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of hazards that can be encountered in the workplace
- To provide a practical understanding of occupational hygiene for people who need to manage or advise on workplace health issues in their employment.
- To provide a foundation for students who wish to undertake more in-depth study in individual occupational hygiene subjects.
- To inform and enthuse students about the field of occupational hygiene
TRAINING OUTCOMES :
On successful completion of this module the student should have a basic understanding of:
- The value of occupational hygiene and the role of the occupational hygienist
- The range of health hazards encountered in the workplace.
- Hazard recognition techniques
- Sources and potential routes of occupational exposure
- Exposure assessment and the measurement processes involved
- Methods of controlling exposure
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS TRAINING?:
Health and safety professionals
Occupational health specialists (including physicians and nurses). specialists in subjects such as acoustics, ergonomics, human factors, occupational psychology, work, organisation, biosafety, acoustics, engineering, or analytical chemistry who want a broader appreciation of how their role interfaces with other professions over health issues in the workplace
TRAINING MATERIAL OUTLINE:
- Definition of Occupational Hygiene
- History and background of the development of Occupational Hygiene
- The importance of Occupational Hygiene today
- Human physiology
An introduction to the physiology of the human body and how it can be affected by occupational exposure to chemical and physical agents.
- Fundamentals of Toxicology
- Basic concepts in toxicology including hazard, dose, routes of entry/absorption, metabolism, toxicity testing.
- Material Safety Data Sheets as sources of hazard information.
- Examples of Hazardous Substances/Processes
Illustration of where common hazardous substance/processes occur and their effects on the body.
- Assessment of Health Risks
Basic principles of risk assessments, definitions of hazard and risk with brief mention of expert systems and control banding
- Measurement of airborne contaminants
An introduction to the measurement of dusts, gases and vapours, including physical states of matter, types of sampling and analytical methods
- Hygiene Standards and Occupational Exposure Limits
- Overview of the basic concepts including Occupational Exposure Limits, units of measurement, time-weighting, simple calculations/algebra.
- Standard setting.
- Biological monitoring and Health Surveillance
An introduction to the role of Biological Monitoring and Health Surveillance.
- General Approaches to the Control of Risk to health
Outline of the main elements within the hierarchy of control.
Basic principles of General Ventilation and Local Exhaust Ventilation.
Overview of the hazards associated with asbestos and itscontrol in the workplace.
- Biological Hazards
Overview of the main biological hazards and their effects on humans.
- Overview of the physics of sound and units of measurement, basic physiology of the ear and the effects of noise
- Overview of the physics of vibration and its health effects on the whole body and locally.
- Thermal Environment
- Introduction to human responses to the thermal environment and ways to evaluate it.
- Lighting and Non Ionizing Radiation
- Introduction to the electromagnetic spectrum and the various bands of non-ionizing radiation, focusing on visible light.
- Effects and assessment of lighting in the workplace.
- Ionizing Radiation
- Introduction to health effects of ionizing radiation, exposure assessment and control techniques and the specialist roles of those who deal with it.
- Introduction to Ergonomics
- Introduction to musculoskeletal injuries, ergonomics and the role of the ergonomist.
- Display Screen Equipment
- Overview of the hazards associated with the use of display Screen Equipment and how they should be managed.
- Human Factors
- The importance of human factors and their role in assessment and control of risks.
- Behaviour and culture.
- Occupational Hygiene Program
- Introduction to Occupational Hygiene Program implementation in industry
- Stress Management
- Introduction to stress and its management in the workplace.
INVESTATION PRICE/PERSON :
- Rp 9.250.000/person (full fare) or
- Rp 9.000.000/person (early bird, payment 1 week before training) or
- Rp 8.750.000/person (if there are 3 or more participants from the same company)
FASILITAS UNTUK PESERTA :
- Training Module
- Training CD contains training material
- Stationeries: NoteBook and Ballpoint
- Jacket or waistcoat or T-Shirt
- Bag or backpackers
- Training Photo
- Training room with full AC facilities and multimedia
- Once lunch and twice coffeebreak every day of training
- Qualified instructor
- Transportation for participants from hotel of participants to/from hotel of training (if minimal number of participants from one company is 4 persons)
Bambang Pamudji, B.Sc.,SE. has much real experiences, he is former Senior Health and Safety staff at PT. Pupuk Sriwidjaja,PUSRI(Urea Fertilizer Manufacturer) Palembang. He was born in Pasuruan East Java, 14 March 1950. He got his B.Sc in Public Health from APK Surabaya in 1971 and was graduated from Economic Management Sriwidjaja University, UNSRI, Palembang in 1996. He has certificates in Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) from Depnakertrans RI/Institutions and Universities in Indonesia, institutions and Universities in UK, and National Safety Council. Experienced in setting up Health and Safety Management System documentation and its application. Experienced internal lead auditor SMK3 in PT. Pupuk Sriwidjaja, and External lead auditor SMK3 for Indonesian Association Fertilizer Producer. He has been teaching industrial training classes for many classes related to topics of his competencies, HSE. Many participants from many companies in Indonesia have participated in his training classes.